SaskBarley is taking applications for 2021/22 scholarships!
Each year, SaskBarley offers scholarships as an investment in promising university students who are carrying out university-level research focused on barley. The scholarship program also encourages and supports new research to benefit Saskatchewan’s barley sector.
SaskBarley offers scholarships at both a graduate level ($5,000) and an undergraduate level ($2,000) annually.
These scholarships are open to any post-secondary students enrolled in part- or full-time studies, while graduate level students are encouraged to be studying barley research. Scholarship recipients are eligible to re-apply in subsequent years.
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A one-page summary of your research project(s), outlining how the research will:
- help ensure barley is a long term, profitable and internationally competitive crop choice for Saskatchewan producers;
- increase the production and value of barley for both the producer and consumer; and/or
- support either the food, feed, malt or industrial uses of barley.
- An accompanying letter from an academic supervisor, confirming the research
- Confirmation of enrolment
- A current CV
The deadline for applications is August 31, 2021. Successful applicants will be notified by September 22, 2021.