Established in 2013, the purpose of the Saskatchewan Barley Development Commission (SaskBarley) is to increase the production and value of barley for both the producer and consumer. SaskBarley is led by a producer-elected Board of Directors from across Saskatchewan.
Barley is a long-term, profitable and internationally competitive crop choice for Saskatchewan producers.
To identify, develop and support research, market development, and extension initiatives that establish long-term, profitable and sustainable barley production for Saskatchewan producers.
- Maintaining and enhancing Saskatchewan’s brand for quality
- Communicating best management practices for barley production
- Demonstrating transparency and good governance
- Building and sustaining collaborative relationships with organizations that share common objectives
- Identifying and leveraging available resources
- Maintaining an organization that is nimble and responsive to issues affecting Saskatchewan barley producers