Established in 2013, the purpose of the Saskatchewan Barley Development Commission (SaskBarley) is to increase the production and value of barley for both the producer and consumer. SaskBarley is led by a producer-elected Board of Directors from across Saskatchewan.
is to ensure barley is a long term, profitable and internationally competitive crop choice for Saskatchewan producers.
is to ensure the long-term profitability and sustainability of barley for Saskatchewan producers through research, market development, and extension initiatives.
- Being accountable to registered producers
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with organizations that share common objectives
- Identifying and leveraging available resources
- Communicating best management practices for barley production
- Advocating on behalf of registered producers
- Maintaining and enhancing Canada’s brand for quality
- Demonstrating transparency and good governance